We offer many opportunities to make a difference
in the lives of the families we serve
Volunteers are the backbone of our programs. Prepare a meal. Read a story. Help write a resume. Offer compassion and support. Even an hour of volunteering can change lives.
Company-tailored volunteer programs, event sponsorships, and cause-marketing relationships provide a way to help families in need, boost employee pride, and enhance corporate presence.
Host an Event
Hold one of our signature events as a fundraiser. We take the guesswork out of planning and execution by sharing best practices and customizable templates for Charity Walks, Golf Outings and Box Cities.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Family Promise a shelter?
No, FPCR is a transitional program for families with children interested in creating a stable, permanent situation for themselves and their families. If you are in need of emergency shelter, please contact the Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless at 518-434-8021 or dial 211.
What do volunteers do?
- Cooking and serving meals
- Playing with children and helping them with homework
- Staying overnight with guest families
- Just being there for children and their families, showing them compassion and respect, and sharing a sense of community
- We also utilize volunteer mentors for guests who have left the program, tutor kids or provide specialized services, like resume writing, financial counseling or provide tech support, do upkeep on our Day Center as well as help out with special events.
If you are unsure of how best to contribute, contact our office at 518-650-8895 or via email at email@example.com.
Is my FPCR donation tax-deductible?
Family Promise of the Capital Region is a 501(c)3 registered with the State of New York. You can make a tax-deductible contribution by mail or online.